Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Plan A-

Maserati, we got a plan in place! I am going to start Provera 10mg for 10 days to start my cycle. On day 1 of my cycle, I will call to schedule the following testing for day 3:

  • baseline ultrasound
  • blood tests
    • OAR
    • TSH
    • FREE T4
    • PROLACTIN
    • hgbAIC
    • Testosterone
    • DHEA SULFATE
      • ask about AMA?
You don't have to understand any of that- Heck, I don't even understand it. But, like I did with Hudson, I want to document all procedures and medications. 

After testing is done, they will give me a prescription for Metformin (Glucophage) and Femara. The same hormones I had with Hudson. We will do an IUI procedure, just like with your brother. Daddy and I are ready, so we are just jumping in head first. This is so exciting!! 

The doctor was a nice fella and I am excited to work with him. He said we will try this strategy for 3 months or so, and if we need to, we will try something else. But, with the luck of 12-12-12, we are thinking positive and wishing for quick results! 

We did learn one thing that kind of bummed me out- our OB/GYN, Dr. Randy Alejo, has moved out of state. He was wonderful and made my birthing experience a positive one. I sure hope we can find someone as personable and understanding as he was. Something I have learned from our first go-round though- if I don't like the doctor, I WILL NOT stay with them. Our first OB/GYN was terrible and I stuck it out for 6 months. Changing to Dr. Alejo was the best thing I did and I will not hesitate to do it ever again. Pregnancy is important and delicate and should be treated as such, so I will find a doctor who agrees and makes me feel that way. 

And so, here we go! Good luck to US, baby Maserati! 



No comments:

Post a Comment