Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pain in the Butt

Throughout this pregnancy we have joked about what a pain in the butt you are, little lady. My first trimester was full of yuckiness and nausea. You've always been a little princess who will NOT show us your pretty face. And then we literally started the shots in the butt. The Progesterone Shots that help prevent pre-term birth. Honestly, they aren't too terrible, just a little pinch and some itching afterwards, and sometimes not even that. The first few were painful and left me feeling bruised, but now it's just welt afterwards, and only when Grandma does it. When I can get up to the clinic and have them administer them, I am unscathed. This last week though, when Grandma did it, it welted up huge and itched for a long time afterwards, even getting little scratch scabs on it. So now I think I am going to just make sure I can get to the clinic for them. I want to make sure that the medicine is being let out properly and that they are working, more than the inconvenience of the side effects. But only 6 weeks left of them anyways! Only one vial refill left. It's kind of crazy to think that. But oh-so exciting too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment