Tuesday, August 13, 2013

27 weeks!

Twenty-seven weeks along, little lady, and loving it! I love my bump! I love the wiggles! I love YOU! You are a little wiggle worm! I remember feeling Hudson and loving it, but I don't think he moved as much as you do. I remember his big movements, towards the end, but I don't think he had as many little movements as you do. I bet I feel you every hour or so- about the same frequency of my potty breaks! I wonder if you have hiccups? The website I check in with says "Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle" so it very well could be what I am feeling. It's funny! The website is right about one thing for sure- I have an aching back and leg spasms. "Along with an aching back, for example, you may find that your leg muscles cramp up now and then. They're carrying extra weight, after all, and your expanding uterus is putting pressure on the veins that return blood from your legs to your heart as well as on the nerves leading from your trunk to your legs." It is getting harder and harder to bend over or pick things up. Including your sweet bubba, who has especially wanted his momma this week while he has been sick. It's hard- I want to enjoy all the snuggles and loves as much as he wants to give them, but it hurts to hold him for too long, and I know that I shouldn't be holding him too much.

I am thinking more and more about the reality of you. You as a baby, an actual little person that I get to hold and love and feed and care for. I am so excited to do it all again! Your brother is getting a toddler bed for his birthday next weekend from Grandma and Grandpa, so we will get it all set up and clear out the crib for you. Of course, you won't be using it for a few months even after you do arrive, but it will be nice to know that it is ready... a luxury we really didn't have with Hudson! I even cleared off the top of the cedar chest where we put the bassinet in our room, so now we just need to bring it in and get it set up for you. I have been thinking about the other things I need to dig up- the swing and bouncy seat and baby mat and breast pump. Eventually the bouncer and walker and gates and baby food maker. There is so much stuff to go with a baby! Luckily we have most of it. And more. 

Your sweet Grandma Weezie (your namesake for Louise) and our friend Maggie are hosting a baby shower for me. I really don't need much, but it is so kind of them to offer. And I suppose I do need some girly things- the bows and glittery whatnots! 

Anyways, baby girl, I am so excited to meet you and cannot believe that you will be here in about 2 1/2 months! Time to get going if I'm going to be ready before you arrive!!!

I love you precious girl! 

love, mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment