Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Keeping us guessing

Well, baby M, you are a trickster, keeping us guessing like this. Or, maybe, being the perfect individual you are, you just want you're own timeline, huh? You know, of course, that you had me on pins and needles this weekend with excitement, thinking that Martin Luther King weekend, being our lucky weekend afterall, we would learn that you were on your way. See, 10 years ago this weekend, daddy and I moved into our home. Two years ago, we found out we were pregnant with Hudson. But this weekend was a bust, dang it. I am still just waiting. And waiting. So, we will give you a few more days to let your presence known, and if not, we will just start again. 'Cuz we are ready for you, precious little one. It's silly, and presumptuous, but I think of you as my baby girl. Of course, there was a time when I was certain Hudson was a girl too. As Hudson is getting more and more vocal, he sounds more and more just like a little boy. I am certain baby girls are not capable of making the noises a boy can, from the range of comic book hysterics to the depth of animalistic growls often used when watching or playing sports. I am growing more and more curious about the tender coos of a baby girl, the lilting songs and joyous squeals. Of course, I am so entertained by those silly boy noises that I would not be the least bit disappointed to hear more of that either. I just know that, as noisy and crazy as my home and life is, there is a little somebody missing. We will hold that place for you, Maserati.

Much love,
~mommy

P.S. More in-my-head symptoms? Last night, after a failed dinner (chicken was over-cooked and over-seasoned), my second dinner just wasn't what I wanted, so I finally settled on a simple sunbutter sandwich. Again, could just be my head, my impatience with a first failed dinner, or the fact that I haven't had phony peanut butter in oh-so-long... or, could be that my appetite is off because I am eating for two? Oh, little one, please be on your way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment