Thursday, October 10, 2013

We are ready!!!

Well, almost. Really really close anyways. Today, you are 36 weeks and 3 days, so on Monday, you are officially "FULL TERM" at 37 weeks. And while it is only 2 weeks past what I did with Hudson, it feels like forever. It's silly, but everyone always said I was lucky to not have that last month of pregnancy because of how miserable you get. So much of that is true! I am huge. I am sore. Walking is a pain, bending is impossible. Getting up and down just plain sucks. But I am soooo going to miss feeling you wiggle inside me. Even when you kick my pelvis bone. I am going to miss catching my reflection and loving that belly. I am going to miss watching your brother talk to you in my belly. But we will feel you wiggle in our arms instead, and talk to you face to face, so it's exciting! I am so proud of you and I just know that you are strong. I am so excited to get my ideal birth with you. I ask only that you give me this weekend, let me get some last minute cleaning and organizing done. After Monday, you can come anytime you want. But, let me remind you, it would be best if you could make it close to a weekend so daddy doesn't have to take a lot of time off but can still stay with us... just a suggestion. And, if you're listening to this at all anyways, might I suggest sooner rather than later... if you're ready. Or at least before November 1- the hospital doesn't allow children after November 1 due to the cold season, and I know your brother is sooooo excited to see you. Again, just suggestions.

Your Grandma and Grandpa are ready too. They jump at every call from me- "is it baby time?!??" Your daddy woke up several times the other night because I was talking in my sleep and he kept thinking it was time.

My bag is packed and in my car. We have $1.00 in quarters ready for the toll bridge to the hospital, and we've driven the route to check it. We've toured the hospital and preregistered. Today, I contacted my HR department and started the process of FMLA and Short Term Disability so that I can stay home with you- I should have right around 12 weeks with you, maybe a little more with the holidays, maybe a little less depending on costs. Your bassinet is set up next to our bed, just needs a quick wipedown and sheet put on. Your carseat is buckled in and ready to bring you home. We've brought in some of the basic baby things. Most of your clothes are folded and put away in your new dresser, though I do have to get bins from Auntie Shelly still- you are going to be a well-dressed little lady! We have diapers and wipes and bibs and bath towels. We need to get out the bottles and breastpump eventually, but you can take right from the tap for a little while at least- at least that's what we are hoping for!

Anyways, little lady, we are so excited to meet you! We imagine your perfect little face, pinchable cheeks and precious little fingers. We cannot wait to bundle you up and love on you. Your big brother is ready to play. We are ready (almost!!)

Lots of love,
mommy~

No comments:

Post a Comment