Friday, September 27, 2013

Did you drop??

Yesterday morning at work, you were doing your usual dance routine high up in my belly, right under my boobs. But that afternoon, when I got up to go pee yet again, I felt a relief, like you weren't scrunched up like you always have been. You felt lower. I looked at my stomach and it seemed lower, more out in front of me. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe you just moved positions, but it seems like you have moved completely out of my chest and rib area. It feels like I can breath, and eat, again comfortably. But it worries me. Some things say that labor comes soon after the drop, some things say that it can be weeks yet. Today, I am feeling what might be contractions, but nothing too bad or too close together. Just a hardening of the tummy. Maybe it's just you wiggling and I am exaggerating. I just don't know. I am probably just paranoid because we are coming up on 34 weeks and 6 days, your brother's magic day. I am terrified that you are going to do the same. And yet I am so eager to meet you, and I know that you are strong. But I want you to be stronger. Healthier. Bigger. Please, baby girl, cook a little longer. I don't want to do NICU with you. I don't want to be apart from your brother that long. I want him to be able to see you and meet you. I want you to be perfect and healthy. Please baby girl, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment